Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Alex's Favorite Toy



In the picture above, Alex is playing with one of his favorite toys. The orange star in front of Alex has proven to be a very popular item during student break times. The star consists of thin plastic colored pegs that are loose and will conform to whatever shape is pressed into the back side of the toy. For example, if you put your hand on the back, then look at the front, you will see the shape of your hand in the orange pegs.

A simple idea I know, but lots of fun. Wish I had thought of it!

It also works as a good stress reliever. I've been known to just pick one up and play with it a bit after I've had to battle some traffic. Or after a student absolutely obliterated me during a reading and spelling game we played in session!

No comments: