Friday, August 8, 2008

Staff Spotlight: Jessica



Where were you born and how long have you lived in Louisville?
Louisville, 25 years, with short stints in Cincinnati and Lawrenceburg.

My school/work background is?
I spent 1.5 years at University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music studying Theater Design and Production. I decided it wasn’t for me and now have BA in English from Bellarmine and MFA in Creative writing-Poetry from Spalding.

When I was a child and thought about what I wanted to be when I grew up, I…
...wanted to be the first woman to do something, anything.

In my free time, I….
Write poems, read books, cook/bake, garden, collect LPs, watch Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch.

One of my favorite books of all time would be….
...Ahab’s Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund

One of my hidden talents is…
…swing dancing.

I love and I hate…
I love Elvis and hate the State Fair (I know, completely un-American.)

People say I…
…talk too much and drive too fast.

I once won an award for…
President of Most Improved Student Organization (Ariel Literary Magazine)

No comments: