Monday, August 18, 2008

Mary Caroline Can Picture Her Mom Tripping



This is Mary Caroline and her mother during her last day celebration. She was here doing some work in the underlying process important for good comprehension, which is learning to create images and pictures in her mind of information she reads and hears.

Mom recently had a story to share with us about a trip to Florida this summer. Mary Caroline and mom were out enjoying the beach and mom had to climb a 3 foot sand hill created by the waves to get out of the water. But she fell back into the ocean. This was apparently very funny to her daughter and she said to mom "I'm glad I'm going to Langsford because I have a great picture of that in my mind now!" Although mom is not so sure how she feels about being teased, she told me she was so pleased that her daughter is beginning to understand the concept of picturing.

No comments: