Monday, April 7, 2008

Ben's Point of View on Langsford

In recent posts, we've heard what Emily and Wilson, both elementary students, had to say about Langsford. Below is a paper written by highschool Junior, Ben, for his English Class.

Almost every day after school I have attended Langsford Learning Center to get help with reading, writing, spelling and fluency. Langsford is different from other tutoring because its instructors use special learning techniques to help students develop skills to use in their daily lives.

During my first hour I work with single syllable words. First I usually do a nonsense word chain where one thing changes each time: gonsh>gonth>ganth>ranth>renth. Then I usually read and spell some real and nonsense words.

In my second hour I work with multi-syllable words. First I do another word chain like my first hour but this time with words containing more than one syllable: reinsoitive>reinsloitive>disinsloitive>disinsloiture. Then I read and spell some real and nonsense words with more than one syllable.

Some things that I do both hours, for example are read from several different books. Also I read from my fluency packet. I look through my sight word box and my sight word spelling list.

Personally I do not like Langsford because of all the work I do there, however I have to admit it has helped me a lot no matter how much I don't want to say it did. I like a lot of the teachers, some more than others. I think a lot of the things they make me do are stupid but they actually work.

Finally I must say that if you ever need help with school I would suggest you go to Langsford Learning Center.

No comments: