Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Talk to Me!

I've been thinking this weekend about what I want to accomplish with my blog posts and I've decided that what I want is CONVERSATION! I've been trying to supply my readers with useful information. But I realize I haven't tapped an incredibly knowledgeable resource pool--YOU!



Duh! It should have been the first thing I thought of when I started writing the blog! A few years back Langsford started a Leadership Team to tap into the wealth of knowledge and talent that can be found in our staff. Since then, we amaze ourselves at times! Who knew we knew so much?



So I'm thinking, I need to tap into the readers of this blog (Let's see...present and past staff, present and past clients and their parents and relatives, other professionals, people just curious about what we do.......). Anyway, just imagine what we could accomplish if we all put our heads together? So I'm inviting you to dialogue with me and through me so that we can all work together to help kids learn to read and to love it!



So....first question for you.....



What books get your kid/s all excited? Parents ask me every day, "What's a good book or series for my child?" I've learned from experience that sometimes one great book is all it takes to get a kid hooked on reading. If that book is part of a series...lookout! They'll be flying through the books and begging for more!



So, my dear audience, what books are popular with your young readers? Let's hear some titles and what age child they'd be good for. Most of all, why do they like it?

You can send me responses and comments via the Comments option on this blog, or on Langsford's Facebook page. You guys can even comment to each other on what you post! (I'm all about making my job easier!)



Oh, and by the way, while I want some good books to recommend, I'd be interested in anything you have to say.

So.....I'm waiting.....

No comments: