Wednesday, January 13, 2010

STAFF Spotlight



Christopher Skye--A Little About Me

I was born in Springfield, Ohio. I washed up on the Falls of the Ohio in 1987 and scamped about the Highlands for a few years before heading west. Louisville has been my residence since 1998.

I've been a cook, fisherman, tree-planter, and mountain man at various times. I used to read a lot about eastern religions and earned a degree in Humanities from the University of Louisville, where I studied ancient western cultures and unspoken languages. I am currently working on a Master's degree in Library Science.

People say I'm a people person, and they are right.

When I was a child I wanted to be Leonardo da Vinci or maybe Peter Pan, although I do see my shadow.

In my free time I golf, hike, read, watch movies, and volunteer.

My favorite book is the one I haven't read yet! But the Tao Te Ching is useful.

A talent I have is starting over, which I think is a bit like gardening.

I love traveling and I hate meanness.

I once won an award for academic merit, but my greatest reward is my daughter, Phoenix.

No comments: