Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Staff Spotlight


Font size

Gemma Newland

Where were you born and how long have you lived in Louisville?

Born in Louisville, spent 2 years in Germany, reluctantly became a Hoosier 22 years ago.

My school/work background is:

Associate degree in Science Allied Health, UK; Lab Tech, Respiratory Therapist, phlebotomist. Home-schooled 2 of 4 children for 5 years. I discovered Langsford when we were referred here for my son.

When I was a child, when I grew up I wanted to be…

Wanted to be a teacher. I just took the road less traveled to become one.

People say I

Never met a stranger.

In my free time, I…

Love to read books, see plays and hike in the woods.

One of my favorite books of all time would be….

Frekles and Girl of the Limberlost. These are set in the early 1900s and show how with faith and determination you can overcome obstacles.

One of my hidden talents is…

I know all the lyrics for songs from the early 1900s onward. It drives my children crazy!

I love and I hate…

I love music theater but hate the song "Memories" from Cats. It just grates on my last nerve. ;-)



No comments: