Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Staff Spotlight: Maryanne


Where were you born and how long have you lived in Louisville?
Covington, KY 31 years

My school/work background is?
Morehead State University BA English/German; University of Louisville MA Creative Writing; Angela Merici HS 1976 -1978 English teacher; Edelson and Associates (psychologists) front desk secretary; Fifth Third Bank; Substitute teacher at Trinity HS, Mercy HS, and Sacred Heart HS; Coldwater Creek in Oxmoor.

When I was a child and thought about what I wanted to be when I grew up, I…
always wanted to be a teacher.

In my free time, I….
read everything, write humorously, sew, bake, and then try to lose the weight from the baking by reading more diet books.

One of my favorite books of all time would be….
Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer but this would be just the tip of the iceberg.

One of my hidden talents is…
I can water ski but I am afraid of deep water and can't swim.

I love and I hate…
I love chocolate and I hate panty hose.

People say I…
look younger than I am.

I once won an award for…
Home economics in high school -- the Betty Crocker award. I beat out all the girls who majored in Home Economics ( do you remember that major?)

No comments: